Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sick Days...

I am sick. Right before my birthday party Saturday afternoon I said I had a bit of a tummy ache and I started to get a fever. I had a great party and was fine, but got really tired at the end of my party. But I was fine come Sunday morning.

Sunday after Ashley's birthday party and a trip to the mall to ride the carousel I started to not feel well...I had a fever and tummy ache.

Daddy stayed home with me Monday as I was still yucky. He took me to the doctors and they ran a bunch of yucky tests. They pricked my finger for blood, did a strep test (no strep) and then had me pee in a cup. They did not know what was wrong with me, but said to bring me back if my fever continued. They also want me to come back for another test next week as they found some ketones in my urine. I guess ketones can show up in your urine if you are dehydrated or have not really eaten (both of which could be the case), but ketones are also shown in people with diabetes...so, they just want to double check for that.

Tuesday mommy stayed home with me because I still had a little bit of a fever, but guess what? I now somehow had PINK EYE and mommy had to take me back to the doctor! It was really yucky and I kept telling mommy it felt like eye lashes in my eyes! The doctor gave us eye drops and I DO NOT LIKE THEM. They burn my eyes and I freak out the 2 times a day mommy has to insert them

Today mommy is still home with me as I felt warm over night and my 2nd eye is now infected....so, I am contagious! They say I stop being contagious 24 hours after the eye drops...so, I should be in the clear by this afternoon. If my fever returns then I need to go back to the doctor again. I hope I get better...this is NO fun!

Mommy and daddy sure hope they don't get pink eye!
Love,
Kate
xoxo

No comments: