Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pearl Harbor

On our first full day we decided to go to Pearl Harbor since we knew we would wake up early and we needed to get there early before the massive crowds.  Given the time difference (Hawaii is 5 hours behind KC time), we had no problem getting up really early and getting to Pearl Harbor by 7:15am!


I have to say, this was my least favorite part of Hawaii.  Mom and dad liked it though and told me that I would be really happy that I went to this once I learn about it in school.  It was cool to see the USS Arizona ship under the water and I learned all about what happened to our soldiers December 7th, 1941.  It was really sad.

I made sure I got a packet of postcards to always remember my trip to Pearl Harbor and to take to school when we learn all about it. 




Take a look at this GIANT snail....there were a couple around the grounds.  We have never seen a snail this size!























Love,
Kate
xoxo

No comments: