Sunday, June 7, 2015

Pashmina shop

Pashminas are local to India and we went to a beautiful shop where they demonstrated the detail and told us the story of their family business.  They even taught me a new way to tie a scarf!!

I did end up buying myself a special pashmina made of the highest quality goat hair (see last picture of my goat).  These goats are found in Northern India in the cold mountains.  The scarf is made from their beard.

Given it is the off season (it is soooo hot), I was able to negotiate an and I got deal That I really can not believe!!  A pashmina of this quality would sell for over $1000 in the U.S.  I negotiated down to $85 (from the $160 he started at).

I was told by the driver that he has not seen them ever go that low!!  See the picture of me wearing it below!!  I love it!






Love,
Mom
xoxo

No comments: