Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Gulf Shores: Beach time fun!

The beaches in Gulf Shores were beautiful!  The first day we were there they were anticipating Tropical Storm Debbie and the weather called for rain all week - we were worried,  but the storm turned and we have beautiful sunny days the rest of the trip!!  This allowed for lots of swimming!  We swam in the pool and in the ocean!  I loved jumping over the waves, but really wanted 2 people to hold my hands to do it right!  When Nama and Papa came into town Papa took me out deep and we got to explore the ocean!

We saw little fish that when I first saw them I yelled out "gecko" - everyone thought that was funny.  I was not even afraid of the fish - I would chase them away! 

I made sand castles and searched for sea shells!  We collected a lot of them!  To our surprise and excitement that Tropical storm brought sand dollars close to shore.  We waded out to a sand bar and collected hundreds of them!!  We soaked them in bleach and brought them home...this was one of the highlights of the trips for all of us!  I still talk about finding all the sand dollars.  They were around for a few days and it was so fun digging in the sand and getting them!










Love,
Kate
xoxo

No comments: