Saturday, November 3, 2018

Jim Devine Swim Meet - Columbia, MO

Mom checked me out of school around 12:30 yesterday and she and I headed to Columbia, MO for my weekend swim meet.  I had one event last night - the 200 IM and dad was going to meet us there as he had a business trip and had to flu in.

Mom and I had a fun drive up listening to Christmas music the entire way!  The traffic was thick, but we got to Columbia with plenty of time to spare, except that the address provided for the pool was not an address the GPS recognized and it took us on a 25 minute wild goose chase!  Luckily we were able to talk to enough MU students and make a few phone calls to finally get to the pool...and just in time for warm ups!

I had a PB in the 200 IM (by 9 seconds) and Dad made it just in time to see me finish the race!  After the race we checked into the hotel and then went out to dinner with the Weninger's and then headed back to the hotel for an early bedtime as we had to be out the door this morning at 6:35!














 
Love,
Kate
xoxo

No comments: